If you want to create new products in BaseLinker Inventory based on import of auctions / offers, go to Amazon (eBay / Allegro / other marketplaces) → Offer management → Import offers.
In the “Create products in storage” field, select “Yes – create products in storage. I do not have an external store with these products”.
Additional fields will then be displayed:
- Price group
- BaseLinker internal inventory
- The category into which the products are to be imported. When importing products, you can create product categories in your future BaseLinker inventory, corresponding to the Amazon/eBay/Allegro categories where the offers are listed. You can also import all products to one selected category.
- Filtering offer descriptions (extracting the description from the template). When importing products into BaseLinker’s inventory, you have several options to choose from:
- get full offer description
- get the description between the selected phrases
- get description using regular expression (advanced) – option available for selected marketplace platforms
Get the full offer description
In this case, BaseLinker will retrieve the HTML code of the entire template, including the item description.
Products created in this way can be later listed using the “description only” template, recreating the appearance of the original offer.
Otherwise, offers will be listed with a double template (the offer description containing your own template will be inserted into the template you add).
Get the description between the selected phrases
If you use the same offer template on each imported offer, you can automatically extract the product description itself from the template. This will ensure that the products in the warehouse contain the product description itself, without the surrounding template.
This will allow you to easily change to a different template in the future and quickly make changes to your current template. You will be able to manage your offer template in section eBay/Allegro/other marketplace → Offer templates, instead of having to modify each product separately with each change.
For most marketplace platforms, the import retrieves full product data. However, when importing Amazon listings, products in BaseLinker inventory may not contain images.
VAT, EAN, SKU, Weight
Product in the BaseLinker Inventory may include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- VAT and EAN – these data will be retrieved directly from the offer.
- SKU – if you have added a signature to the Allegro offer, it will be added to the SKU field.
- Weight – weight should be completed manually or by bulk product modification in BaseLinker warehouse based on CSV file. For details, see the Data modification article.
Updating products in the warehouse
A product in the warehouse can be created only once based on a given offer. Subsequent imports with the create products option enabled do not update existing products. In particular, they do not update product SKU or price.
To re-create a product in the inventory based on the same offer, the existing product must be deleted.