All information about the products – such as e.g. name, description, category, stock level or price – is stored in the tab Products → Product list after selecting the appropriate inventory.
To edit a product from the product list, click on the product name or select ‘Edit Product’ from the context menu.
There are 7 tabs available on the product card – product, sales and storage, descriptions, parameters, photos, variants and channels data.
In the ‘Product’ tab you can find basic product data:
- Star – a product can be starred – this will also be visible in the product list. Different colored stars are visible only on the inventory level and simplify the management of the internal product database 🙂
- Personal events – these allow you to trigger a storage automatic action for a given product.
- Product name – the product name will be displayed here in the language assigned to the inventory as the main language (Products → Settings → Inventories → Edit → Default language)
- Inventory – this field is visible when more than one inventory has been created. Note that a given product is assigned to one inventory only. Inventories are independent – it is not possible to move products between inventories.
- Category and manufacturer – the product can be placed in a selected category and assigned to a specific manufacturer – the list of available categories and manufacturers is visible in the ‘Settings’ tab
- SKU, EAN, Weight, Width, Length, Height – these 6 fields are also visible on the listing form in the product details.
Therefore, you can use them for parameter mapping – by selecting the ‘Copy from field from store’, ‘Copy from parameter from store’ rule.
- Additional short fields – here you can enter different values for short fields that were previously added in the Products → Settings → Additional fields.
Sales and storage
The ‘Sales and storage’ tab contains the following data:
- The price and currency of the price group,
- VAT rate,
- stock and location from a given warehouse,
- supplier and additional information regarding the purchase price.
If you create more price groups or more warehouses (where location and stock information is stored) in Products → Settings, more lines (fields to be filled in) will appear on the product card in the ‘Sales and storage’ tab.
This means that you can assign several prices and several stocks and locations to one product.
The storage location entered here will also be visible:
- at the associated offer for that product, and
- in the order placed on such offer – as well as elsewhere in the Order Manager (PickPack Assistant, printouts, etc.)
The ‘Descriptions’ tab contains the following data:
- Product name – if several languages have been added to the Inventory, you can provide different translations of the product name here
- Description and additional descriptions – if more than one language has been added to the directory, you can provide descriptions in different languages here
- Long additional fields – in which further types of descriptions can be included – e.g. technical description. Long additional fields may have different values in different languages (similarly to descriptions). They should not be used to create descriptions for different marketplaces – the ‘Channels data’ tab described further on serves for this purpose.
The ‘Parameters’ tab contains the parameters saved on the product. If several languages have been added to the Inventory, the parameters can be defined for each language separately.
Parameters are visible on a listing form. BaseLinker allows creating rules for auto-completion of listing parameters based on parameters saved with products.
You can store up to 16 photos of a product in the ‘Photos’ tab. You can add photos in different ways:
- by dragging a file from your computer to a specific field,
- choose the ‘Upload multiple photos’ button above the photo list,
- choose ‘Add → from your computer’,
- by choosing option ‘Add → link to URL’.
Note that a full backup of the inventory can be performed if the images are placed on external servers and links are saved with the product.
Photos saved from your computer are placed on BaseLinker internal servers. When a product is removed from the Inventory, such photo is irretrievably lost.
Change the order of the photos in an interesting way 🙂
The order of photos is important when listing products.
Changed order of photos:
- will be immediately visible next to the product, in the Listing section, in the tab of the given marketplace (e.g. Amazon, eBay, Allegro, etc.).
- order of the listed offers can be changed with the ‘Change description and photo → Update according to stock’ operation (available for selected marketplace platforms).
Each variant is a separate product. It inherits all information stored with the parent product, unless it is overwritten directly on the variant card.
The ‘Channels data’ tab allows you to modify the original data stored with the product and adapt it to the requirements of a given marketplace or online store.