BaseLinker offers 2 methods of integration with the Royal Mail:
- integration via Royal Mail API – only for customers with an OBA (Online Business Account) number.
- Click&Drop integration- for other users
To connect your new Royal Mail account via API – contact BaseLinker Customer Service by adding a new request (Help → Contact/Ask a question → Send message) declaring that you wish to use Royal Mail integration via API.
You will receive a short authorisation form to fill in, which will be sent to Royal Mail for verification. This process usually takes 2-3 days, but in extreme cases RM can extend it up to 2 weeks.
After correct data verification in Royal Mail, our support will fill in the necessary fields in the form visible inIntegrations → Couriers → Royal Mail API and from now on you will be able to use the integration.
Pending verification, you can use the test version of the integration API, without providing any authorization data. To do so, in the ‘API Version’ field, select ‘Test environment’ and fill in the other fields of the form as required.
This will give you the opportunity to test the integration without billing consequences.
This integration is available in Integrations → Couriers → Royal Mail Click&Drop icon.
Current version of integration works based on exchanging files from BaseLinker to Royal Mail Click&Drop system and back.
Create Click&Drop package in BaseLinker; at this moment its shipping number should show ‘waiting’ status.
Export and upload to ClickDrop system
To create final shipments in C&D, you need to export file from BaseLinker.
- Select shipments from a given day in the plug-in settings and click “export to .csv” under the table
- Log in to Royal Mail Click&Drop Desktop, go to Orders → Import section.
- Load the generated file (leave “Comma” as a delimiter).
- Leave the parameters in the second step unchanged.
- In third step, map the fields (all 17) according to the name in the column header (the names in the selection field will be identical to those shown in the table, in the header).
- Click “Import orders”.
- Tick imported orders and finish the process clicking on “Pay & Generate labels”.
From now on you can upload files via Royal Mail Click&Drop Desktop by uploading files to the “Watch” directory of that software – or continue importing via the Royal Mail website.
Importing the shipping numbers to BaseLinker
To return shipping numbers (for tracked services) or at least an order number from RM, go to Reports → Despatched orders and click Export to .xls in the top right-hand corner and load this file in the Royal Mail C&D integration settings in BaseLinker.
Users with an OBA number can print labels directly from the C&D Desktop application.