BaseLinker Printer is an application that allows BaseLinker to connect in the background with your printer. This way, you can easily print a document with just one click from the BaseLinker panel, without the need to download the document to your desktop. Printing is possible from any computer, even if it is located far away from the office.
To print a specific document, such as an invoice, label, or any other printout, simply select the “Print” icon located next to it in the panel. Additionally, automatic printing of documents is possible through automated actions. With this application, you can significantly reduce the time needed to complete various tasks, such as bulk printing labels.
How to connect BaseLinker Printer?
- Download the BaseLinker Printer app.
- Install and run the application.
- Click the “Set in App” button to set the printing key. If the automatic setting fails, copy the key to the clipboard yourself and paste it in the application window.
- The list of available printers will appear in the form next to it – select the ones you want to use in the BaseLinker panel and click “Save“. If the printer list is empty, click the “Refresh Printer List” button.
- The quick print button is available in many places in the system (e.g. on labels, invoices), as well as in automatic actions.
The minimum requirements for the proper functioning of the program are as follows
- Windows 10 64-bit
- .Net Framework 4.6.1 or higher (usually pre-installed with the system)
- MacOS 11.0 or higher 64-bit
- Any 64-bit distribution with a user interface
For all systems, internet access is required.
The BaseLinker Printer integration allows not only for printing labels or invoices. A fiscalization option is also available. Depending on the fiscal printer, Posnet and Novitus protocols are also supported.
How to configure printing of fiscal receipts?
- In the settings of the BaseLinker Printer application, mark the “Enable fiscalization” checkbox (in the ‘Fiscal Settings‘ section).
- Select the communication protocol compatible with your fiscal printer (Posnet or Novitus).
- In the ‘Port Name’ field, enter the port on which the printer operates. You can find this information in the printer’s documentation or in the system device manager.
- On the receipt, you can also add cashier information, cash register name (maximum 8 characters), order number with barcode, TAX number and receipt number from the order.
- Using the “Test Connection” button, you can check if the connection is correct. 🙂 If yes – you can start printing!
Advanced settings (‘Show advanced settings‘) are also available – if your fiscal printer requires them.
Once fiscal printout is activated, in the main window of the application you will see useful ‘Logs of fiscal printouts’.
- printing a label directly from the order card (button on the list of shipments in the order). If several printers are connected to the system, the user can select a printer from the list;
- printing labels directly also from the order list individually after generating packages or in bulk for selected packages);
- quick print button for invoices in the order (for both BaseLinker templates and invoices sent to accounting services such as iFirma, wFirma, Fakturownia, Firmao, InFakt);
- printing fiscal receipts for orders (using the Posnet or Novitus protocol);
- setting permissions for employees to access printers. For each employee account, you can specify the printers they can use. This is particularly useful when there are multiple packing stations in the company with separate printers;
- setting a default printer for employee profiles. Each employee can specify their primary printer, which will always appear as the first option on the list (the list of available printers appears if more than one printer is connected to the system).