All information about products is stored in the inventory. In other words – inventories are separate lists of products.
There is one inventory by default in the Products → Settings → Inventories tab. At this point, you can add another inventory or edit the settings of an existing one.
Following information can be associated with a inventory:
- language – if several languages are assigned to the product, additional fields for entering description and parameters in other languages will appear. Default language is important when descriptive data in all selected languages are not completed. In case of omissions the default language is taken as the main one
- price group – allows to enter different prices in different currencies for a product
- warehouse (location and stock) – allows you to save the different stock and locations for a product
At this point, the user can also decide:
- whether to enable stock reservation for a given catalog. If you enable reservations, products will be pulled from stock immediately after the order is fetched to BaseLinker (such order is not yet confirmed). This option also allows you to manage reservations.
- whether to enable the storage documents option for the inventory. Enabling the advanced inventory option enables the following additional features:
- Blocking of manual stock changes (changes only based on orders and storage documents).
- Tracking the uniqueness of product SKUs.
- Storage document processing.
It is worth noting that if we created two inventories, an additional filter appeared in the product list. It allows you to switch between inventories.
One product can only be assigned to one inventory,and the inventories are independent of each other.